NIACEi is the UK’s leading non-governmental organisation for adult learning. The main aim of NIACE is to promote the study and advancement of adult continuing education by securing more and different forms of adult learning for more and different adult learners, especially who have benefited least from initial education.
NIACE activities are underpinned by our shared belief in the value of:
- The promotion of greater equity and social justice
- Inclusivity and celebration of diversity
- Helping people and communities use learning to give greater choice, empowerment and autonomy
- Helping people to become active and caring contributors to a democratic, pluralistic society
- Consideration for the environment and sustainable development
The active promotion of equal opportunities and diversity are indivisible from these values
NIACE’s Equal Opportunities Policy sets out how NIACE intends to promote equality of opportunity, to celebrate diversity and to develop anti-discriminatory practices in its work.
Statement of Intent
The organisation’s explicit and public declaration of intent is:
“To ensure that the work of NIACE promotes equality of opportunity, social justice, inclusion and celebration of diversity – especially in respect of people’s gender, disability, learning difficulty, age, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, economic or marital status, HIV/AIDs status, trade union membership, sexuality, family circumstances, political or religious beliefs, language or culture”
A copy of the full Equal Opportunities Policy is available from email@example.com